Thursday, October 12, 2023

Double Chocolate Cinnamon Nesquik Cookies

I wondered what would happen if I added Hershey's syrup to my cookie dough, and rolled my cookies in Nesquik before I baked them. So I tried it.

I'm using the traditional Toll House cookie recipe that you'd find on the back of a bag of Nestle's chocolate chips as my starting point. I've made that recipe dozens of times, and I know it works.

I've got Nesquik, Hershey's Special Dark Syrup, white sugar, brown sugar, AP flour, baking powder, Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips, some leftover Hershey's cinnamon chips, two sticks of butter, two eggs, and pure vanilla extract.


Cream butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla, just like the original recipe.  And...I added 1/3 cup Hershey's Special Dark Syrup to the mix.  


The dough was too wet and sticky, so I added 1/4 cup more flour to soak up the extra moisture I'd added with the syrup.



 I've added the entire bag of dark chocolate chips, and 1/4 cup of the cinnamon chips.


OK!  I got cookie dough, now.  Next step is to roll each dough-ball in the Nesquik.



Each cookie dough-ball is probably about 2T of dough, give or take.  It was really soft and sticky, so I couldn't get them as small and uniform as I prefer.


They came up nicely, though, after about 12 minutes at 375*F.  I have the baking sheet on a cooling rack for two minutes before I remove the cookies with a sharp metal spatula.


As they cool, they'll flatten out a little bit more.

Here we are!  They have a nice, mild crunch to the surface, and still soft on the inside.

The syrup in the dough was nice, but when added with the richness of the dark chocolate chips they were maybe a bit over the top.  The cinnamon chips didn't add as much zip as I'd thought they would.  Still, decadent is always good! 
The Nesquik was an interesting touch. I might try that again without the syrup in the dough.
If you give this a try, I'd love to hear about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment